Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm Back....

It has been awhile since I've posted because our family has been on vacation. : ) My father-in-law generously gave us the use of his timeshare this last week and we enjoyed a week of relaxation and fun in the mountains of Idaho. It was so peaceful. Thank you Joe and Nancy!

I've actually had a difficult time readjusting to real life. I'm praying that I can get back in the groove and not keep wishing for vacation life back again.

There isn't anything new to report about our adoption. The last time I spoke with Donna at the Acres of Hope office, she told me that now we were entering into the fun stage of waiting. There isn't anything more that we can do except to wait. All of our paperwork is in and all of our fees are paid for now. So now we just have to be very patient. I'm hoping that we'll have an update soon and learn a little more about Benjamin's personality and see some new photos of him. I'll share as soon as I have some. Our friends have given us some cute new clothes for him. I'm hoping that all of these clothes will fit him when he gets home. I had fun hanging them all up today in his room. I'm excited to start decorating it and making it truly his room instead of a playroom that is overrun with Barbies, princesses, dollies, and My Little Ponies.

We have plans to send a photo album to him in June when a local couple travels to get their little girls. I know that he is still so little, but I really hope that we can make some connection with him through those pictures.

I also wanted to thank those of you who supported me with pledges for the Hope Walk, the fundraiser for the Summer of Hope program (http://summerofhope.org/) The walk is on Saturday, so I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Becky,
I love your blog, and was wondering if you'd mind if I copy your Liberia Map onto mine?
-Jamie (from AoH Group)