Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

This was such a wonderful Mother's Day for me today. Pat and the girls spoiled me and I felt so loved. The girls are getting to an age where they are more aware of Mother's Day and what it means. They were so sweet to me and made me feel like the most blessed woman on the planet.

I thought about Ben so much today. We went to a Mother's Day brunch with a lot of family today who had not seen his picture yet, so we got to show off our little boy and tell our story to all who would listen. : )

Then tonight, I checked my blog and found this message from one of my sweet pen pals who is in Liberia right now:

Becky,I met Ben...I gave him a hug and a kiss...he is so sweet and so beautiful. I told him you love him and can't wait to hold him...he has the biggest smile.-Jocelyn

I had asked her to look for him for me and tell him that I loved him. I wasn't expecting to hear from her yet, and I just sat and stared at her message. I am so hungry for information about him. When I wrote her back to thank her, tears started flowing. I can't believe she's with him right now. It made me feel a connection with him that was so special and such a great Mother's Day gift. I can't wait to see that smile myself.

My little Liberian boy, my Benjamin! I love you so much and can't wait to hold you and kiss you and make you smile. I can't wait for you to really know that you have a forever mama and that she loves you so much. You are coming home to so much love from all of us. I pray that your homecoming will be soon.

No comments: