Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Passport Update and Update on Our Progress

Awhile ago, I posted how many families had been waiting and waiting to bring home their adopted children because Liberia had stopped issuing passports. Recently, Donna from Acres of Hope asked everyone to pray that February would be the miracle month for passports. I guess Patty Anglin fought hard for the AOH families while she was in Monrovia, because yesterday they received 19 passports and are hoping for a total of 40 within the next few days. There is much celebrating going on in the adoption world today! They got their miracle month after all.

I am so happy for these kids and their waiting families. It has been an agonizing wait, especially since there was no clear answer of when the passports would be available. I have to admit that I am selfishly relieved and hopeful that we will avoid this hang-up in our process. I've prepared myself for it just to be on the safe side.

We are still waiting for Pat's birth certificates from New Jersey, but I am so much more peaceful about the wait now. When we get them, we'll be able to mail our dossier. Our home study report is being signed by the director at the agency, and then we'll be able to turn it in to immigration and wait for their approval. When dossier is at Acres of Hope, and US immigration gives us a pre-approval, we can start waiting for our referral. Please pray for God's timing for the birth certificates to arrive and for the immigration approval. I remind myself over and over again that I want the timing to be perfect, not necessarily fast, so we are matched with just the right little boy.

Last night, I had a little freak out session of fear. As I crawled into bed, I read a devotion in a Women's Devotional Bible. It talked about Jochebed, the mother of Moses. It talked about her faith in action and how her obedience cost her so much but "undaunted, this mother waited in expectation of deliverance for her son." I read, "God had a plan for this boy- and his plan called for the cooperation of a mother who would dare to go against the edict of a mighty, godless ruler. The same Lord has a plan for your son or daughter." I began to dream about what kind of plans God might have for our son. I believe strongly that God does have a special plan for our son. I finished the devotion, reading "The same Lord has a plan for your son or daughter. he will take note of our efforts to deliver our own children. 'Nursing them' with the Word of God; 'bathing them' in prayer, who knows? We may be entrusted with a Moses." I went to bed last night so excited, instead of afraid. I'm excited to see the plans God has for our son unfold.

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: