Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Houston.....We Have a Heartbeat! : )

My doctor visit went very well today. We were able to immediately hear Baby's (a.k.a. Monster Truck or Cutie Pie) heartbeat. I felt lighthearted and peaceful this morning, but I started to feel the tension and apprehension moving in as we neared the office. Pat and I prayed together in the parking lot before we went in, and God blessed us with great news.

Pat just ordered our own Stork Radio Doppler. It should arrive any day now, and I'm so excited to have it. It will be so nice to be able to listen to Baby's heartbeat any time I need reassurance. I think it will be neat for the girls, too. It can't get here soon enough. : )

We are scheduled for another check-up on Feb. 26th, the day after my birthday, so I'm asking for another great visit as a birthday present. We also scheduled an ultrasound for March 11th. I'm really looking forward to the ultrasound. In the past, we have had this ultrasound at 20 weeks, but this time we will be looking at 16 weeks because my doctor wants to take a look at the baby's heart and this is the earliest that he can get a good peak. I think he bumped it up to make me happy, too. I'm a little impatient. : ) We may be able to see the sex of the baby at that time, but most likely, we'll have to settle the Monster Truck, Cutie Pie debate at a later ultrasound.

Still no adoption news, but on Feb. 6th the Acres of Hope website said they were hoping to see 15 cases finalized in the Liberian courts over the next two weeks. We are one of those 15 cases, and this is the second week, so hopefully I'll be able to post that we are through the Liberian courts some day soon!

Thank you for loving me and praying for me. Your prayers are felt!

9 comments:

missy said...

Yippety Yay!! I've been praying for you off and on today. I'm so happy you heard that sweet, sweet sound of a heartbeat. What a comfort that little gadget is going to be that your hubby ordered.

Love ya,
Missy

The Adoption Of William said...

Wonderful! I am so happy for you! There is nothing more magical(well maybe finding out if you need pink or blue)than hearing your little one's heartbeat!

God blessings,

Jen

Hilty Sprouts said...

Go Baby Go! Yahoo!
Love you!
Jen

Mrs. MK said...

Oh, that is wonderful news!! Enjoy the new Doppler!

Anonymous said...

Beck,
Praise the Lord for tiny heartbeats huh! Love you and will continue to pray for you everyday!
Katy

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you this weekend! Love, Mom

Jamie said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!! So glad you heard a heartbeat! My first appointment is Thursday and I can relate to how you were feeling. I'm sure I'll be a bit nervous. I have an ultrasound on the 26th. I just can't wait to get past these hurdles, as I'm sure you know. I am praying you're one of the 15 families!

Katie said...

YEAH!!! Healthy baby heart beat!! Praying for you and your growing family! Hoping to hear of your finalization soon!!
Love
Katie B.

andreawilliams said...

I have been stalking you through your blog! I am so happy for you all. What a wonderful gift from God. Congrats!! We just had our baby the end of December :)
The group needs to get together again soon.
Much love,
The Williams Family