Thursday, April 19, 2007

False Evidence Appearing Real (Fear)

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)

We studied fear this morning in bible study, so I started thinking about all that I fear about this adoption. It was so neat to be reminded that I have nothing to fear. Our bible study leader shared this acronym for fear today:

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

The things I fear are the things I imagine, not what is reality or truth. The real truth is that I can't always see why and how God is working out good, but He is working out good and he says to me, "I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." (Isaiah 41:13 NIV).

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
- Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)

It is such an encouragement to me to be reminded that I don't find my own way through this life, but instead I am led. The Lord himself goes before me and leads the way. No matter what lies ahead, I'm promised that "he will neither fail you nor abandon you" (NLT).

Our adoption process is being orchestrated and governed by God. And we have been put here for "such a time as this" (Esther 4:14) to be this little boy's Mom and Dad. That is amazing to me, that all of this has been ordained ahead of time and we've been led into it and we will be led throughout this child's life. How amazing is that, and if all of this is true, what do I have to fear! Nothing. : )

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Becky, Very Good Post!! I am reading it while I am my "Mommy time" in Missouri : ) Thanks for the well wishes on my blog! May God Bless you as you desire his will. Have a great weekend! Crystal B