Saturday, April 7, 2007

He is Risen!

He is risen! He is risen indeed!

I just wanted to say Happy Easter everyone! I love, love, love, Easter. It is my favorite holiday. : ) Mom and Dad are visiting this weekend and Dad has been barbecuing and cooking all day in preparation. I can't wait to eat it all tomorrow.

I'll never forget one Easter when I was in college. I had grown up a basically "good" kid with a lot of spiritual pride. I had always celebrated Easter, but never really got that it was for me, too. Then I found myself slipping into things I wasn't proud of in college life. I came home feeling gross about myself. During the Easter worship service, I was overcome with this feeling that Jesus was telling me, "I did this for you, Becky." I realized that even during my "good" years I didn't deserve Him and He was fully aware of my "bad" times and all of it was what put him on the cross, all of it was paid for and forgiven, and I had a great hope in Him.

I love that feeling of hope I have on Easter Sunday. I love that I belong to Him and I will forever. I am so grateful that He is ALIVE!!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day worshipping Him that conquered death.

Death has been swallowed up in victory.
Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?
- 1 Corinthians 15:54-55


No comments: